HARTFORD EVENTS GRANTS
Creating a vibrant & fun Capital City.
Festivals, concerts, parades and celebrations are part of what makes Hartford such a fun, exciting and dynamic place to be. Hartford Events Grants, funded in part by the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving, support outstanding events throughout our capital city, including downtown, that drive local business, generate excitement and energy, revitalize our neighborhoods and celebrate Hartford's rich cultural diversity.
Grant funding is awarded to those events that connect culture and community, promote economic activity, serve wide-ranging populations and make the arts accessible to all.
About Hartford Events Grants:
- Awards range from $1,000 to $5,000; the maximum grant request is $5,000. The grant request cannot exceed 50% of the program budget
- Grants are awarded in two rounds based on event date. Refer to the deadlines & timeline for the appropriate round
- Fundraisers and benefits are ineligible for Hartford Events Grant funding
- Applications must be preceded by an Intent to Apply form and adhere to current guidelines. Please download and review current guidelines before submitting intents to apply or a formal application
- Applicants are encouraged to take advantage of the Arts Council's free-of-cost umbrella marketing services and social media outlets to promote events
A special permit is required from the City of Hartford for any event held on City property, City buildings and/or private property that requires specific City or State permits or authorizations, as well as the use of City services and assets. Please contact the City of Hartford at http://www.hartford.gov/meca/plan-an-event or contact Marian Andoh at (860) 757-9526 or email@example.com.
Contact José Feliciano, Manager of Granting Programs, at 860-525-8629 ext. 245 or JFeliciano@LetsGoArts.org.
Guidelines & Forms
Please note that all forms & guidelines have been updated as of October 28, 2016. Prior applicants, please download new forms & guidelines.
2017 HEG I- Guidelines>
2017 HEG I- Intent to Apply>
2017 HEG I- Application>
2017 HEG I- Budget Form- Attachment A
2016 HEG Final Report Form>
Deadlines & Timeline
ROUND 1: EVENTS APR 1—SEP 30
Intent to Apply due December 1, 2016
Applications due January 12, 2016
Award notification in March 2016
ROUND 2: EVENTS OCT 1—MAR 31
Deadlines, guidelines, and forms for the Hartford Events Grants- Round II will be posted on the Arts Council website in early May.
2014 Grant Recipients>
2013 Grant Recipients>