The ART of Health grants support imaginative, arts-focused preventative health programs that engage underserved or unserved populations in cultivating a culture of health, both as individuals and within a community.
About The ART of Health Grant Program
- The ART of Health Grant program will award three $3,000 grants and must be matched 1:1 with at least half of the match in applicant cash.
- To be considered for funding, prospective applicants must first submit a Letter of Intent. Eligible organizations will be invited to submit full applications based on the strength of their Letter of Intent.
- Please see below for important dates.
- Applicants must demonstrate expertise in health-related arts programming that benefits the target population or serve the target population and collaborate with qualified artists or arts professionals (art therapists, music therapists, drama therapists, etc.) to execute the project.
- Preference is given to projects that serve low income populations in communities such as Hartford, East Hartford, and New Britain.
- We encourage you to speak with Arts Council staff about your project before submitting a proposal. Staff can help you create a more competitive application.
- Organizations seeking funding for programs that utilize the arts to serve the needs of populations facing permanent physical, emotional and/or intellectual challenges are directed to the Arts Council’s Arts and Wellness Grant program.
The ART of Health is a program of the Greater Hartford Arts Council, made possible by a grant from the CIGNA Foundation.