About Charter Grants
- Provides critical, unrestricted support to organizations with a primary mission of arts.
- Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements to apply for funding, as described in the Guidelines.
- Rigorous application review process assures donors that the Greater Hartford Arts Council holds funded organizations accountable to high managerial, fiscal and artistic standards in order to provide sound investments, as well as a diverse array of high quality cultural experiences for residents and visitors of Greater Hartford
- Review criteria include management, programming excellence, community impact, financial oversight, and compliance with Arts Council requirements.
- Review panels are comprised of Arts Council Board members and peers from the non-profit and arts fields. Panel recommendations reviewed by the Arts Council’s Board of Directors for final approval.
Guidelines & Forms