Website Greater Hartford Arts Council
Right now, we are in a critical time for the arts community. The arts continue to be one of the hardest hit industries during the COVID-19 pandemic. At the Greater Hartford Arts Council, we work hard every day to support the theaters, museums, community art centers, and artists in the Greater Hartford region. We’re looking for a Community Impact Manager to roll up their sleeves and work with us.
Building relationships and partnerships with organizations, artists and creative businesses will be a critical part of the work you do with the Arts Council. You will be the main point of contact for current and future grantees, as well a representative for the Arts Council at community events. Creativity, compassion, and advocacy will be a part of your day-to-day work as you assess and address the needs of the arts community in Greater Hartford.
- Manage community programs that provide resources and opportunities for the arts community
- Oversee a portfolio of the Greater Hartford Arts Council’s granting programs
- Facilitate meetings and grant review panels
- Provide on-site assistance and coordination of community programs
- Perform administrative responsibilities including organizing meetings, preparing correspondence, and managing files
Qualifications and skills
- 2 years of experience with community work and program/event management or equivalent education/experience
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects and priorities at the same time.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite required
- Self-starter, decision maker and problem solver
- Public speaking experience is a plus
Organizational values and culture
At the Greater Hartford Arts Council, we value community, creativity and equity in the work we do and in the people on our team. Our staff works collaboratively with the community to address the needs and goals of the arts ecosystem. We have a supportive work environment where our staff is encouraged to grow professionally and where everyone’s voice is valued.
Details for this position:
- Competitive salary range: $48,000 to $52,000
- Option to participate in health benefits
- Access to professional development opportunities
- Hybrid work environment (in-office and remote work required)
Greater Hartford Arts Council is an Equal Opportunity employer with a strong commitment to our values of community, leadership, equity, creativity, advocacy and accessibility.
To apply, interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Community Impact Manager” in the subject line. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com